How to bake a delicious yet healthy cake made from dried fruit
It’s not often that you can bake a cake which is both delicious and made from healthy ingredients. But with this dried fruit cake, we think we’ve found it. Indeed, we should stress that this is a recipe for a cake made from dried fruit rather than with dried fruit – it contains a whole lot more fruit than it does cake dough. And thanks to that, this is filling, colourful, healthy and above all tasty option if you want to bake a cake. What’s more, you can make it easily in no time at all.
- 300-400 g of mixed dried fruits and nuts (for example, raisins and sultanas, prunes, dried cranberries, apricots, figs and walnuts)
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Cut the dried apricots and prunes into small pieces and mix them together with the nuts and any other dried fruit you’ve chosen to include.
- Beat the eggs with a whisk and add the dried fruit and nut mix to it.
- Add the sugar, flour and baking powder. Stir well.
- Grease a baking tin with butter and pour in the now-ready cake mixture. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes.