How to make the perfect cherry pie
|For the dough:
200 grams of butter
A pinch of salt
3 cups of flour
1 cup of fermented milk
1 tea spoon of baking powder
Vanilla or vanilla sugar
|For the filling:
500 grams of stoneless cherries
Half a cup of sugar
- To make the dough, pour some of the flour into a bowl using a sieve together with the salt and baking powder. Stir, add the butter, mix it with more flour. Then add the fermented milk and knead it until the dough is soft. Add a little more flour if necessary.
- Flatten out the dough until it’s about 3 millimetres thick. Divide it into strips 20-30 centimetres long and 7-8 centimentres wide.
- Place a row of cherries on each strip of dough, sprinkle with sugar and pinch together in a roll.
- Place the three rolls in a baking tin, arranging them into a spiral shape. Bake at 200 degrees for around 30-40 minutes. The pie should be a red-pink colour when it’s done.
- Remove the pie from the baking tin, sprinkle with sugar.
Enjoy, we hope it’s delicious!