Seven delicious and healthy drinks for the ideal start to your day
Many of us really need something to energise us when we get up in the morning. Everyone solves this problem in their own way, of course: some drink coffee, some exercise, whilst other people take a hot shower. But there are in fact more appetising and less strenuous ways to achieve this.
We’d like to introduce you to seven ideas for an early-morning drink that are guaranteed to wake you up and help you start the day in a good mood.
Iced tea with lemon and thyme
Lemon and thyme go well together. This refreshing beverage helps lift your spirits, boost your immune system and regain your strength. In addition, thyme contains tannins and essential oils, which have a very positive effect on your body.
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 lemons
- 3 bag of black tea
- 6 cups of water
- Sugar according to taste
How to make it:
- Grate the lemon zest and squeeze out the juice.
- Pour the water into a saucepan. Add the spices, juice and lemon zest. Bring to the boil on a medium heat, then remove.
- Place the tea bags into the saucepan, add sugar if desired. Leave it to brew for five minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and leave it to cool down to room temperature for one hour.
- Strain through a sieve, then pour into a jug.
- Leave the tea to chill in the fridge, cooling it down to the desired temperature.
- Pour into glasses and serve.